24 November 2011

Turning Semi-Vegetarian

I suddenly decided to be a vegetarian last Nov. 12.  Well, to be honest, I couldn't turn into a 100% vegetarian because I love meat too much.  But, not so much that I can't not give up pork and beef entirely.  Since Nov. 12, my only sources of protein have been chicken, fish, eggs, soy products, and legumes, all of which I haven't been eating a lot of the past 2 weeks as well.

After only a week as a semi-vegetarian, I didn't think my new diet regimen would already make any difference, but then I started noticing something new about myself:

  • I've begun having an aversion to pork (this is going to be a problem when Noche Buena time comes around and lechon is on the table :P).
  • Grilled Wagyu beef made me feel really drowsy after only about 30 minutes.
  • I have so much more energy and have a better mood even during the usually sleepy afternoons.
  • My skin has become less oily.
  • Number of visits to fast food joints have significantly gone down because my palate prefers something healthy.
And, of course, eating more veggies makes the "B.M." so much better (you know what I mean) ;-)

Now I'm at the stage where being semi-vegetarian has become really enjoyable.  It's quite surprising to me how much I'm liking eating only veggies most of the time.  The concept of being a vegetarian used to be ridiculous to me because it seemed so limiting and boring.  I used to think that I couldn't do it because I'd be so hungry all the time.  But, now that I'm consciously looking for healthier options, I've realized that sticking to being semi-vegetarian just really needs commitment and some creativity.

I'll blog again about my progress when I get to the one-month mark on Dec. 12.  Wish me luck...especially with the holiday feasting time coming around soon, haha! :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...