10 May 2012

Do you have PET / PETE Bottles?

I'm a HUGE fan of organic beauty products, especially body washes.  That should make it easy for you to find a gift for me ;-)  But, after I've emptied them, throwing away the bottles breaks my heart every time.  I know that my city's waste management allows for recyclable bottles to get, uh, recycled somehow, but I wanted to make sure they do.  Active involvement, you know?  So I asked my social networks for info about if Human Nature or Body Shop takes back emptied containers of their products.

My SPS teammate Anna Oposa tweeted back that Human Nature does.  Human Nature also replied to my inquiry and confirmed via email that I could also have the bottles sent via courier to their branches, since the locations are kinda far from where I live.  In fact, they will accept any PET bottle, even if it's not theirs.  Here's their tweet about it:

Click the image to see the original tweet



A number of friends told me Body Shop used to accept their own recyclables in the 90s.  To be sure, I asked a Body Shop employee recently about this. He said yes, they still do, it's just that customers seem to have forgotten that they do :P  So, yes, you may return emptied containers of Body Shop products (including makeup containers) to any of their branches.  Yay!
Another brand that I like is Leyende Organics. Their facial washes and body butters are divine!  I can't remember their recycling policy at the moment.  Better to contact Leyende via this online form or their Facebook page.

Ang beauty mo, beauty rin ni Mother (Earth) ;-) (walang aangal, LOL)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...