01 November 2010

Boo to Sore Eyes

The last 2 days of my digital detox became so much easier because I woke up with sore eyes last Saturday morning.  I haven't had sore eyes since I was 7 years old!  I could not open my peepers at all; they felt like a swollen, throbbing mess, and I could feel a sharp pain on the undersides from time to time.  Had to wear sunglasses for two days and my curtains were drawn the entire time, because even a tiny flicker of light brought intense pain to my eyes.

Well, at least we saved on electricity.

During my days of darkness, my husband used a very effective home remedy for sore eyes that involved plain ol' green tea.

The ingredients:
  • 2 teabags with green tea leaves (chamomile also works)
  • hot water
  • a dash of iodized salt

Soak the bags of green tea in the hot water, add a bit of salt to the water.  Once the tea bags are hot enough (but won't burn your patient), place them on the eyelids, letting some of the warm liquid flow onto the eyes.  Repeat as necessary.

This has also worked for my husband, my eldest, and two other friends.  Their sore eyes went away less than 12 hours after trying this remedy.  Hope it works for you, too :-)

More helpful resources:
How to Cure Sore Eyes
Sore eyes home treatment

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...