21 January 2008

Seven Career Killers by John McPhee, Forbes.com

So, what a week it's starting out to be. First, I waited 20 minutes at the MRT station before I could finally board the train. Next, I was 30 minutes late because another traffic jam greeted me when I was maybe just 10 minutes away from my office. Third, I opened my work inbox to find out that 2 more deadlines were added to my record-breaking 10 that I got just last Friday. Yes, 12 deadlines to meet over the next 3 weeks. Can you say "job security"? My boss better treat me to an expensive dinner the next time he's in town.

I'm already stressed just looking at my project sheet. Which is why I'm blogging before I'm sucked into "bring me coffee and leave me alone" mode for the rest of the week. And, fancy that, here's a work-related article from Yahoo!:

Seven Career Killers by John McPhee, Forbes.com

Kudos to the paltry 14% of us who keep New Year's resolutions. The vast majority -- a full 86% -- go right back to our counterproductive ways as it relates to personal health, careers, relationships, and otherwise. Forgo the ever popular New Year's resolution to lose weight and, instead, commit to avoiding a simple list of career-killers that so often result in hearing the feared words, "You're fired," again and again in the course of a career.

Avoiding these seven deadly sins will also help individuals balance their "whole life" and assure they are ready to take on new workplace challenges as they are presented -- and execute them well.

Read on...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...