21 October 2010

Two Cats, a Girl, and Her Bed

My cats have become drawn to my bed and made a habit of snoozing on it in all sorts of positions -- curled up, twisted, on their backs, on their sides, stretched all the way out.  It's not uncommon for pet cats to do this, but I'm feeling pretty special about their doing so particularly when I myself am on the bed :-)

Tiger (white one) is the kitty who loves me the most and I know this because he follows me around, constantly curls up at my feet, and snuggles closest to me on the bed when my hubby's not around.  Oreo (the striped one) seems bent on taking over Tiger's mayorship of my heart.  Baby, I know I shouldn't play favorites, but Tiger was here 3 years ahead of you, so you gotta work harder.

A funny habit that I've observed Tiger doing is his refusal to climb onto the bed when my husband Jazz is in the room or on the bed as well.  Sometimes he does climb up but refuses to go further beyond my feet, from where he'd keep shooting suspicious glances at Jazz.  Tiger loves it when I rub his belly, he'd stretched out and hang his head back, but when Jazz is around, he'd be embarrassed to let his inhibitions go and would only really relax when my hubby leaves the room.

As for Oreo, he doesn't care if Jazz is on the bed.  He'd clamber up and even announce his presence with a loud "nguwaaaw", then squeeze into the space between me and my husband or curl up on my feet (which is not good sometimes because he's quite heavy).  Same thing if Tiger has already plastered his butt on my bed; Oreo doesn't mind and would even lie down beside him (as you can see on the pic above).  But, I'm starting to believe he's doing this to annoy Tiger, because Oreo knows that the older one hates it when he rains on his parade.  Tiger gives Oreo a quick shove or a reproachful look then jumps off the bed, leaving Oreo only too happy to claim the prime spot that Tiger had already made warm.

And I am the amused spectator of these events.  Two cats fighting over my affections and the right to snooze beside me.  I feel so loved.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...