11 September 2013

How will your Child Remember You?

Have you heard your parents say to you how "you will understand when you become a parent yourself"? Well, it turns out they were right. I found myself repeating those words (and many other things my Ma used to say!) to my kids just a few days back. I've also come to appreciate my parents' wisdom and simplicity.

A line that my Pa had often said to us was, "I'm not rich, but I will invest in your education because I am investing in your future." He also often told us to enjoy simple treats (like the after-school snacks he bought for us when he fetched us from school) and laugh -- even if sarcastically -- at silly things (like those tired gags on noontime TV shows).

It is those moments that make me grateful for the best gifts my parents gave to me and my brothers: their time and attention.

Last year, when we asked our young sons what they would like as Christmas gifts, they said that they couldn't really think of anything they wanted. But when asked what they'd like from their godparents, they recited at least 5 things without a blink. When we pressed them for an answer later on, they asked if we could just have dinner together at a restaurant that they liked. Best holiday ever :)

How will your child remember you? In this blog post are 35 of the best gifts you can ever give your kids :) Read, enjoy, and share the love!
posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...