24 March 2014

The Awesomely Honest 30s

image source
I love being in my 30s.

I feel that I'm nowadays less pretentious and more honest with myself about what I like and don't like. I know what I'm good at and I've accepted what I can't do. I'm more open-minded about not getting the weird stuff the kids are into these days (pretty sure my parents thought I was into weird stuff, too, when they were my age), but I'm also in a sweet spot now where I can understand my parents better (Pa and Ma - I'm sorry for being so weird).

Another reason for my loving the 30s is having a less harried perspective about priorities. You get better at choosing your battles and not sweating the small stuff. It's those kinds of life lessons that make you a lot more grounded and optimistic about the future.

Here are 10 very practical lessons from author Mark Manson to take with you through your 30s...

1. Start Saving for Retirement Now, Not Later
2. Start Taking Care of Your Health Now, Not Later
3. Don’t Spend Time with People Who Don’t Treat You Well
4. Be Good to the People You Care About
5. You can’t have everything; Focus On Doing a Few Things Really Well
6. Don’t Be Afraid of Taking Risks, You Can Still Change
7. You Must Continue to Grow and Develop Yourself
8. Nobody (Still) Knows What They’re Doing, Get Used to It
9. Invest in Your Family; It’s Worth It
10. Be kind to yourself, respect yourself

Read the full article here. Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...